Re: _ctype_ undefined?

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Mumit Khan wrote:

> If you contribute missing stuff for the headers, that'll be great. You
> can't of course just copy from a vendor header since that will violate
> licensing restrictions in most cases (and then you'll see why so much
> stuff is missing!). By the way, Anders Norlander has a new/alternate set
> of headers/libs for win32api that may be of interest. Search the mailing
> list for messages from Anders.

Interesting; I'll check Anders' stuff out.

Your statement on licensing restrictions raises the question that I've
wondered all along: How does this project avoid violating any copyright
laws or licensing agreements?  As for windowsx, I removed all the macro
calls from my code last night.  Turns out that windowsx isn't all that
helpful if you're only working with Win32, IMHO.

> That means you're picking up cygwin <ctype.h> instead of the mingw
> one. Are you compiling with -mno-cygwin as well? Check the include
> paths searched with `gcc -v' and also the actual headers referenced
> using `gcc -H'. If all else fails, just get the egcs 1.1 distrib for
> mingw32.

I'm using -mno-cygwin.  Changed my code to include <mingw32/ctype.h>.
Works well.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

-