Re: More [free] NT: WRONG !!

>> Well the shitheads @ M$, or is it MK$, just trashed my cygnus
install.
>> A lot got erased from /bin, and dll's are missing as well.

Its not your fault.

The past 2 weeks on this NT box have led to a number of problems that
never seemed to be unix issues, stuff working for some people, not for
others.  This marks the 14th day that I have ever used a M$ product.

Everything I have ever heard about M$ indicates that this sort of stuff
is bound to happen since you are prevented from peering under the hood
or at least you do so @ your own risk.

The reinstall worked and I got all that stuff back, but then my path got
updated, and I am not sure where.  Maddening.

Now xterm is broken completely.

I put Cygnus before and MKS after but which should I put in the /bin
directory.

Using my xterm problems as an example, I would like to know if there is
a way to install applicatons, with dlls in a side directory until the
executables can be bundled w/ one of the "offical products" after the
necessary testing.  Links, aliases, and path changes could access that.
This is the sort of stuff I did when I was working w/ the chaotic nature
of gnuplot releases.