Compilling squid

Some people have sucessfull compiled squid on the latest gnu-win32. I have
the EGCs compillers and lots of librarys but I still need a number or
things like regex_t, timegm, tm.tm_gmtoff ,timezone or time_t.

Am I wasting my time if I try to go to one of the GNU ftp servers and take
the source for these librarys and compile them ??? I am new to unix
programming.

Andrew Thompson

-