Mixing GNU-Win32 and MSVC++

I'm (attempting) to write a Perl scripting plug-in for a program written
in MSVC++.

The program expects a set of entry points in the plug-in with particular
names. Trouble is, egcs/ld insist on appending '@4'-style parameter counts
to stdcall routine names and the program doesn't want them...

I've searched thus far in vain in the man pages, the FAQ and through this
list for any way to switch the name mangling off - has anyone any
suggestions for a way round this?

FWIW, I have the same problem with exported entries in the program - they
lack the suffices. I've possibly dealt with this by adding the parameter
counts to the names in the .def file I feed dlltool to generate the
interface library to the program. This /seems/ to work; at least nothing
complains during the build process, but without the first problem solved I
can't actually check...

TIA for any help,

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"As soon as we have defined something, we have ipso facto created
 three things: whatever is included in our definition, whatever is
 not included in our definition, and the relationship between them."
-