Cursor appears at start of line rather than end of prompt

Why might it be, that my cursor appears at the start of each line rather
than the end of the prompt? This was not true three days ago; I have
changed lots of things and have no idea which might have done this.

--
Jeff Paulsen
jeff.paulsen@poorman-douglas.com