Linking problem with endhostent()

I'm this close to getting ssh v1.2.23 compiled. Unfortunately the
routines endhostent and endservent can't be found by the linker. This is
mighty strange. Does anyone know which library is corrupt or
inaccessible as the case may be?

I noticed that the Cygnus distribution is lacking sys/un.h which I
simply grabbed from a convenient OpenBSD box. I also have context diffs
for syslog.h as the Cygnus version is missing a bunch of logging levels,
namely LOCAL*. To whom do I send the patches?

I'm subscribed to this list I think but haven't seen this post go thru
or seen any response. Is anyone reading it?
-