Re: Fixing terminal settings on xterm from Linux -> HCL telnetd -> cygnus bash

Rich,

Richard Jones wrote:

> The terminal settings seem to be slightly broken
> when using a Linux xterm (any size) to access a
> remote NT box using Hummingbird's telnetd and then
> running cygnus bash. In particular, it seems to be
> slightly confused about the number of lines on the
> screen, so the results of commands don't appear until
> you press [Return] a few times.
>
> I have TERM=xterm set and have tried a number of
> common xterm sizes. None work.
>
> Has anyone got a fix for this?

Yep, I had the same problem, it is actually a bug in
Hummingbird's telnetd. I wrote to their tech support
and they sent me a patch. It works like a charm now.
Write to them, I don't think I can legally release the
patch.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva@alum.mit.edu