socket library

Hi All,

I am trying to port a unix socket program to gnuwin32 (for test purposes this is essentially a
simple echo client/server)

The unix code is very simple but does make use of the socket library (libsocket.a) for which there
seems to be no equivilent in gnuwin32

can I get this library from anywhere and if so how, or do I have to use the libwsock32 library?

most of the functions seem to be in a file called net.cc but when this is compiled (and made into
libsocket.a) I get a whole bunch of errors relating to f_handler_base::xyz-function not defined

can anyone help?

cheers

John
begin:          vcard
fn:             John Massingham
n:              Massingham;John
org:            LSI Logic
adr:            Greenwood House;;London Road;Bracknell;Berkshire;RG12 2UB;England
email;internet: johnm@lsil.com
title:          Senior Design Engineer
tel;work:       +44 1344 413194
tel;fax:        +44 1344 413296