Re: Definition of VPATH

Henri,

I too am very new to cygnu but like you I am trying to build
Unix source on NT so I recognise the VPATH problems you have.
The difference is that we use Imake - we have one file that defines
all the paths, that file sets up a "root" variable which is platform
dependent, all paths then include this root variable so the paths
get changes depending on the platform. Could you do something similar
with gmake?

More info on imake from http://www.primate.wisc.edu/software/imake-stuff
or the O-Reilly book "Software Portability with imake".

If you wish to reply, please do so directly - I just unsubscribed from
the list to avoid a huge mailbox on return from the Christmas break.

Regards,
Neil J Mackie.
-