Is it practical to install cygwin32 using cygwin32?

Howdy.

I am trying to 'make all install' from the source distribution (I have been using the binary distribution for a while now), and I get a couple of errors.  I am compiling with the cygwin gcc compiler, with a directory configured with 'configure --host=i386-cygwin32 --target=i386-cygwin32 --exec_prefix=/usr/local'.

The errors I am getting are all minor; just things where I need to go into a Makefile.in and change a line or two (and similar hacks).  This question is for experienced installers:

Is it practical to install cygwin32 using cygwin32? Did I get the configuration right?

Joseph Banta
-