coolview cygwin.dll and Win95

Sergey,

I have been trying to install the 9/15 version of cygwin.dll on my Win95
system (original with Serv Pak 1).  I get things working fine as far as
starting up, being able to key commands and the like.  But when I issue
a configure command it will hang the system hard.  Once I was able to
look at the details of the abort and can say that it was in the USER.EXE
but that is all I have.

I wanted to use your version as I believe it fixes some things and was
determined to get it working so I moved the libcygwin.a file in place
and rebuilt bash-2.01.  That went alright but when I put my rebuilt
version of bash in place with your version of cygwin.dll and tried to
rebuild bash-2.01 again I get the same aborts. Sigh!!!

Is there something I'm doing wrong??? I don't know.  I can say that
sometimes, not always, but more times than not, the abort causes my PS/2
mouse to disappear on the next boot (the cmos stats don't even show it
as being there).  This is fixed by shutting down the system and booting
again.

If your wondering about sh.exe, I've "rm sh.exe" and "ln -s bash.exe
sh".  Oh, this isn't the cause of the problem; just to be sure I also
copied the bash.exe to sh.exe.

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------