Re: Porting from DJGPP code

It kind of depends on what you are porting, and why.

If you have a ton of code hand written for djgpp by you,
and you just want to be able to use it under windozeNT/95
just use a dos box, and forget about it.

I ported dtou/utod to cygwin32, and had to change almost every
line, for posix compatibility.

If you have djgpp source that has been ported from GNU
then get the original GNU source code, and it should
configure/compile without problems, in fact it may already
have been "ported", check out the cygnus homepage, and links
from there for apps that are available.

BTW when you ask for help on the list, it would be well
to specify in a little more detail what you are trying to do.
as well as your platform.

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:46:48 +0300, you wrote:

>Dear Sirs
>
>	Most of my source codes are in DJGPP, and I was wondering
>	whether it is possible to port these to GNU-Win32, and how
>        would you rate the effort needed.
>
>Thanks
>
>Yoav
>-

(*jeffdb@netzone.nospam.com)
Remove *&.nospam from the above to reply
         Mikey
-