Re: Using MicroImages X Server with x11r6 NT binaries

If your login shell on the remote system is tcsh or csh there is an
environment variable already set called REMOTEHOST.  Thus, you can put the
statement setenv DISPLAY $REMOTEHOST\:0.0 in your .cshrc file.

In the Bourne Shell you could put the following in your .profile file:

set DISPLAY=`w | grep $user | awk '{print $3}'`
export DISPLAY

Hope this helps,

David C. Hoos, Sr.
http://www.ada95.com