Re: Linker switches [ was: Re: API's that certainly do work. ]

marcus@bighorn.dr.lucent.com wrote:
[...]
> a file that terminates the .idata$4 and .idata$5 lists (for this DLL only)
> and a terminator for the entire descriptor list in .idata$3.  The cygwin32
> strategy is slightly different, and they forgot the .idata$3 terminator, but
> it is similar.
[...]

The .idata3 terminator isn't automatically produced by any of the tools,
because it was hard to integrate this functionality into ld/dlltool
and/or because nobody has spent the time to do so.

Producing dlls is currently much more clumsy than I think it needs to be.
(I'd like to do away with dlltool entirely and have the functionality
included in ld but I don't know how practical this would be).  Regardless,
the dll building process is something I think is important to improve.

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com