RE: Can't Reference Stderr from a DLL

John Cerney wrote:
> Thanks for the input on the problem. I ended up puting in a impure_ptr
> initialization
> routine that is called by my main program before it uses any functions in
> DLL.

How did you initialize _local_ for a DLL _impure_ptr? Main program knows
nothing about it! The only way I see is to place reent_data structure to
cygwin.dll and modify fork() code to create a copy of it in a child
process...

> Have you had any luck exporting global data variables from/to a DLL?

Place var_name to a .def file, build a dll and import library. Now You can
access this global data - variable __imp_var_name contains the pointer to
var_name.

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia