Wine creating windows offscreen when "multiwindow" is used?

I have a monitor configuration with three 1920x1080 monitors aligned side-by-side horizontally with a fourth above the center. The primary monitor is the center one at the bottom. xinit generates a single screen 5760x2160 to cover the area. The root window is hidden and all windows in the buffer are drawn with native Windows decorations.

When an X window is created at 0,0, it is visible on the primary monitor, despite 0,0 in the buffer being offscreen. This is great. However, when Wine creates a window at 0,0, it is aligned to 0,0 in the buffer (-1920x-1080 screen coordinates on Windows) and is not visible.

Is there a solution for this? This is a discrepancy between what regular X windows do and where Wine positions its windows.

I also noticed that when creating a window with XCreateSimpleWindow, the x and y coordinates are ignored. For example, I would expect a window created at 0,0 in the X buffer to be visible at 0,0 screen coordinates; but instead it's just somewhere offset slightly from the top left of the primary monitor. Any x/y coordinates specified do not seem to affect where it goes.

The behavior I would expect is for 0,0 in the buffer to be mapped to 0,0 in screen coordinates, 1920x, 1080y in my configuration.

To clarify my use of Wine, I connected to a remote CentOS 6.5 machine via ssh with x forwarding for testing.

Can anyone provide some insight on this?

Matt D.