RE: Cygwin/X causes NVIDIA GPU to turn on in Optimus systems

Hi, thanks for your reply.  Very helpful.

I checked the XWin.0.log and found:

[ 73510.875] GL_VERSION:     4.3.0
[ 73510.875] GL_VENDOR:      NVIDIA Corporation
[ 73510.875] GL_RENDERER:    Quadro K5000M/PCIe/SSE2

So, it looks like XWin is running on the NVIDIA GPU even though the Intel
GPU is set at the default rendering device (both for all apps by default and
by XWin.exe specifically) in the NVIDIA control panel.  I'll see if I can
get NVIDIA to comment on this at all but who knows if I'll actually be able
to get in touch with anyone.

Anyway, I don't need OpenGL for the programs that I use, so I checked into
using the -nowgl parameter that you suggested and that took care of it.
With -nowgl set, XWin happily runs on the Intel GPU and Optimus does not
engage.

Thanks,

--
Aaron