Re: nedit -server not working

On 2/14/2013 9:14 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:16:47 -0500, Mark Jackson wrote:
Since updating my (rather stale) Cygwin installation in late December I
find that the server mode of nedit isn't working.  Both "nc" (which I
had been accustomed to using) and "nedit -server" open nedit as if the
server flag were not there.

How so?

Normal behavior - at least as I have experienced it on SunOS and Solaris, and Cygwin until the December upgrade - is that the shell prompt returns, and subsequent invocations of "nc filename" open additional tabs in the nedit window created by the initial invocation.

At present control is not returned to the shell. Launching nedit as a separate process by other means does not result in it acting as a server - that is, a subsequent "nc filename" launches a fresh nedit window.

     Sometimes sarcasm helps us think more clearly.
                            - Dogbert (Scott Adams)