Re: 1.7.17: child window opens without window-manager

* Jon TURNEY schrieb:

> >> _NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_STATE_MODAL
> >> _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DIALOG, _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_NORMAL
> >> _MOTIF_WM_HINTS(_MOTIF_WM_HINTS) = 0x6, 0x0, 0x68, 0x3, 0x0
> >> WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
> >> 		user specified location: 0, 0
> >> 		program specified location: 0, 0
> >> 		user specified size: 1684 by 1013
> >> 		program specified size: 1684 by 1013
> >> 		program specified minimum size: 478 by 263
> >> 		window gravity: NorthWest
>
> The _MOTIF_WM_HINTS request a window title, minimize and maximize controls,
> but no window menu, border or sizing frame.

probably solved: only ONE  child window is broken, and exactly THIS windows I was
asked for to analyse the problem. Other child windows have decoration und rezise
option!
Thats what I did: I started the medical program with Xming again and was surprised,
that this one child windows opens in fullscreen mode, too. But with Xming I could
resize it. I resized it to normal size and restartet with cygwin. And I works.
Other child windows are possible to resize and are decorated, but not that one
child window. Now that one child windows has the right size an nobody can change
it. Rezising of this one child windows is not necessary. We will make bug report
to the engineers of the medical program that something concerining rezise and
decoration is different to all other child windows. The will correct it with
the next update.

The problem ist probably solved, if not I will write again.

thx to all!
cygwin - a great software!

Eckard