RE: Cygwin/X X Server 1.12.3 Middle Click Problem

I apologize.  I mentioned that I had found the option, but failed to report that I had done it and it worked.  Yes, the emulate3button works just fine.  However, I was hoping to find some information on diagnosing why the 3 button does not work.  For now, it is an excellent work-around, thank you.  It has been a bit annoying as my muscle memory remembers third button (middle/scroll click) for paste, but I will get over it.

Does anyone have a thought on what I may be able to check with regards to why my middle click does not work in Cygwin/X win?

PREVIOUS REPLY:
Can you try starting the XServer with the -emulate3buttons command-line option? Then you should be able to paste using the L+R mouse buttons clicked simultaneously.

My mouse doesn't have a middle mouse button (it is a mechanical switch used to enable/disable the ratcheting on the scroll wheel), so this may not be a good solution for you.

Good luck.