Re: How to disable focus stealing prevention in XWin Xorg Multi-Window

On 18/10/2012 17:26, Jim Steed wrote:
> I have an X windows program that uses multiple windows and has buttons
> to bring up the other windows to the top.  These buttons don't work
> (have no effect) in the default settings of Cygwin's Xorg port due to
> "focus stealing prevention."

I'm afraid your diagnosis is incorrect.

It's a long-standing defect in multiwindow mode that no attempt is made to
synchronize changes in the X window Z-order (e.g. made by XRaiseWindow()) to
the native Windows window Z-order.

See, for example [1] for some discussion about why this isn't easy to fix.

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2011-08/msg00034.html