Re: XWin.exe segmentation fault on Windows 7

On 13/08/12 05:23, Chris LeBlanc wrote:
I compiled xorg with debugging from the source packages, and that
shows the same behaviour.  I can step through the debugger, but the
output is the same as what Jon found in the previous email, failing on
the call to strcpy().  I've logged the gdb output to a file and can
attach it if anyone is interested.

Yes, please.

Assuming for the moment this is a defect in the cygwin DLL, it would be interesting to see the output of 'mount'. You might also want to install the cygwin-debuginfo package and see if you can debug the problem in getmntent().

It might be worthwhile installing the latest cygwin snapshot [1] to see if the problem still exists.

[1] http://cygwin.com/snapshots/