Can display remote X window from bash, but not from DOS window

I have a Win7 laptop with Cygwin and a Ubuntu desktop box.  I can ssh
from the laptop with shared keys and X11 forwarding, so that I can run
a simple command line in a Bash shell on the Win7 box and it will open
up the window for the remote process on my Win7 box.

What I'm having trouble with is setting up a Win7 desktop shortcut
that will do this.

I have a simple Bash script called "dt" (stands for "desktop") that
calls "ssh" and passes the scripts command line parameters to ssh.  As
I said, this works fine when I call it from a Bash shell window.

I wrote a DOS batch script that does something like this:

c:\cygwin\bin\bash -cl "=pathprefix=/dt =remote command line="

This bombs with numerous errors.  This is the first one:

(STS:30397): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

What's the correct way to do this?