Re: cygwin octave x11

On 5/17/2012 3:59 PM, Chillosaurus wrote:

I try to run octave in cygwin, which works fine, but if I want to draw a plot it doesn't open a new window. I'm a beginner with cygwin and unix-environments and was not able to find an understandable solution. Starting octave i get the following error: warning: X11 DISPLAY environment variable not set Typing "startx" I get the following: xauth: (stdin):1: bad "add" command line [dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/OTF/, removing from list The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but<RALT>  has 2 symbols
                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
winBlockHandler - pthread_mutex_unlock()
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key..

I had this error message starting matlab, can that be fixed, is this the
same problem or a different one?
Warning: No display specified.  You will not be able to display graphics on
the screen.

thanks a lot

Hi, octave graphics need X running so please follows

http://cygwin.com/problems.html

so we can understand you X server issue.

Instead of startx you can also try startxwin
directly or though the "X Win Server" icon on the start menu.
Or the new experimental xlaunch (in package xlaunch)

Regards
Marco