Re: libqt3-devel uic.exe segmentation fault

W dniu 2012-05-01 04:14, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) pisze:
On 2012-04-30 09:44, Kantacki wrote:
I have problems with uic.exe compiler which is included to libqt3-devel
package.

First off, are you *absolutely* certain you want to be using qt3 and not qt4? Qt3 is obsolete and no longer supported upstream.

I need to use gt3 library because I have program which works only with this library and the program does not want to work with qt4, so it is much easier to compile over qt3 then rewrite the program which I am not an author.

When I run it with or without parameters I always get segmentation fault
message.

It probably needs to be rebuilt with gcc-4.5, but unless you can convince me of a *really* good reason to keep it, I'll be removing it from the distro soon.
I think that backward compatibility is the main reason for keeping old version of libraries. Imagine operating system which requires rewriting of all old applications because of changed system api. In that case everything will fall apart and people will use many different and old operating system versions.
Backward compatibility is always good idea.

Kantacki