Re: XWin 1.12.0-4 crash

On 23/04/2012 12:55, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Nothing much to add to the 2 attached files - except that my X worked
> fine until the last update. Will try reverting to previous version.

>From the log timestamps, this looks like a crash at startup.  Is that correct?

Thanks very much for reporting this problem.

There should be an XWin.exe.stackdump file produced by the crash, if you could
attach that, that would be helpful.

Even more helpful would be following the instructions at [1] to use gdb to get
a backtrace for the X server when it crashes.

If your crash is at startup, you will need to modify the instruction slightly,
start X using 'gdb --args XWin -multiwindow' rather than trying to attach to a
running XWin.

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/devel/backtrace.html

--
Jon TURNEY