In an X app how can I access the window menu via a keyboard shortcut?

I'm trying to set up my X environment under MS Windows in a MS Windows kind of way.

So e.g. in an X application running rootless with the XWin Server, how can I access for the main window menu via keyboard shortcuts? I mean the standard menu wihich you get by clicking in the top left corner of the window.

In normal Windows apps Alt-Space opens that menu and e.g. typing than "n" minimizes the window (very handy!).

How can I do this for an X app?