Re: most recent xfig-3.2.5b-2 broken.

On 2/27/2012 1:47 PM, George Barrick wrote:
Subj: most recent xfig-3.2.5b-2 broken.

2012.02.27.12:45:48 UT

Hi Marco (and cygwin-x folks),

      I will try the experiment that I think
you are suggesting.  If the .so is part of an
older .dll, then a reinstallation of the
packages should clear up the problem.  I
have not yet done that however because the
same difficulty is emerging with the octave-3.6
that was released over the weekend.

The message that I get is:

gbarrick@TS207 ~/jpegs/figs
$ octave
/usr/bin/octave-3.6.1.exe: error while loading shared libraries:
?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

now you triggered all my attention as octave package maintainer

try this

$ cd /bin
$ strace -o /tmp/octave.strace octave-3.6.1.exe --version

it should open a system message window mentioning what is missing

George g_barrick_at_walsh_dot_edu

regards Marco