Re: X still crashing, but interesting log messages... different config vals needed?

Jon TURNEY wrote:

On 11/02/2012 04:19, Linda Walsh wrote:
Still crashes in all the places it did 2 months ago, and more,  but
gives more interesting messages in log file (/var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log

I assume this refers to the problem reported in [1], crashing when running yast2 on SuSE 11.4. I don't know anything about any other crashes you might have been experiencing.

I haven't done anything specific to try to fix this, because I can't reproduce
the problem and I don't have a useful backtrace.

It would be of great help if you could follow the instructions at [2] to
download the debug symbols and obtain a backtrace of the crash.

---- I did that last time, then got another email from another admin saying to try some other version instead of that one because the instructions were wrong.

At that point, I gave up to go use Xming which didn't have the problem,
and was hoping someone else would run into it, since with cygwin, I have had it
set on autostart, and it usually crashes within 15-20 minuts -- make kernel, or almost any qt based util,... then I just start Xming -- which was stable until
this last cygwin update...which doesn't make sense, as I didn't think there was
any code overlap

(main thing is I can no longer click on 'X' in a window and have it close, I have to go through the program's menus in each program to close it...very
annoying.

Was wondering if I should be giving any different options that might
help it behave better?

Log from last run below --

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 1.11.4.0
OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 [Windows NT 6.1 build 7601] (WoW64)
Package: version 1.11.4-3 built 2012-02-05

XWin was started with the following command line:

/usr/bin/XWin -dpi 101 -multiwindow -clipboard -nowinkill -wm

[ 14334.463] SocketUNIXAccept: accept() failed

This log looks normal apart from this line.

I don't think this is a new warning, and wasn't in the previous log you
posted, so it's hard to see how this could be directly related to the problem.

On the other hand, I'm a bit surprised that it works at all after that error.

Nevertheless, since UNIX sockets don't seem to be working correctly for you,
you might like to try adding '-nolisten unix' to see if that makes any difference.