Built XWin on mingw - with patches

All,
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seemed more
specific and probably more appropriate than the overall xorg lists.
I wanted to build a native windows X server (essentially an
open-source Xming). I had to patch a number of the packages along the
way, but did eventually arrive at a build that worked. ?I looked at
and used a few of the Xming patches, but only generally went to those
when the naive approach didn't work.

I'm looking for some feedback on the patches so that they can get into
the main line of the projects.

I built using mingw-cross-env, with my fork here that includes the
dependency packages:?https://bitbucket.org/rpavlik/mingw-cross-env/
This builds everything except the xorg-server module (ignore the fact
there's an xorg-server makefile there - the patches aren't up to date
for that module.)

Patches for these dependencies are as follows, in that mingw-cross-env
repo (These should all have commit messages from being exported from
git format-patch):
libX11-1-add-xwinsock-include,?libX11-2-windows-threads,
libX11-3-MinGW-lacks-caddr_t
libXaw-1-need-winsock
libXfont-1-dummy-readlink
libxcb-1-fix-include-order-with-Xdmcp,?libxcb-2-wsastartup?- this last
one fixes running libX11 apps built for Windows, including the
integrated multi-window WM.
xkbcomp-1-Use-X11-Xwindows.h,?xkbcomp-2-Look-in-windows-base-dir-too?-
this last one supports the "RELOCATE_PROJECTROOT" option in the XWin
server - should still work fine in the normal case though.

Then, the xorg-server is here:
https://github.com/rpavlik/Xserver/commits/patched-1.11-branch

I've tried to make the commits independent, atomic changes. (For some
of the patches from XMing, this does mean that I split some patches,
and combined some from multiple files, since those patches are offered
per-file, not per-topic.)

With this, I can run in -rootless or default mode (metacity over ssh
forwarding as well as local, patched Fluxbox work great for window
managers), as well as -multiwindow, on a Windows 7 machine. This
should run fine when installed to its prefix, as well, so I have
hopefully not negatively affected a Cygwin build with any of my
changes. I've put up some information on the wiki of my github repo,
including full build instructions:
https://github.com/rpavlik/Xserver/wiki

I would appreciate any feedback either through this list, or through
comments on the github commits, whichever is easier. A number of the
xorg-server patches are not XWin specific, and most are not even XWin
on MinGW-specific (that is, they may apply to Cygwin/X as well), so
I'd like to see as much as you're comfortable with merged.

Thanks for your time!

Ryan
--
Ryan Pavlik