Re: Default settings for XTerm

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011, Edvardsen KÃre wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011, Edvardsen KÃre wrote:

Where do I change the default settings (globally) for the XTerm so I
don't have to set it every time from the "VT Options" and "VT Fonts"
menus?
I tried to change stuff in /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color, but
didn't
affect anything.

"XTerm-color" includes "XTerm". I'd modify the latter. (there's also the possibility that neither is used - "appres XTerm" would show whatever resource values are found, though not where).

The "XTerm" is used, but "XTerm-color" is not. Copying the color stuff into the "XTerm" file works, but I can't figure out how to set default font to TrueType, and default font size.

Those are all in the manpage - look for (1) "*customization: color", (2) faceName, and (3) faceSize

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net