Re: failed to activate core devices errors

katrin schmid wrote:

> i am trying to start XWin.exe
> in any of the ways described here:
> http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using.html
> and with just XWin.exe and ends in Sementation fault and failed to
> activate core devices errors.
> I found several post disscussing this on the web but no solution.
> Does somebody know?

I've just experienced what appears to be the same problem after an
unintentional update; exiting Cygwin and re-running setup so that I could
reinstall bash and the readline libs (which it complained about not being
able to overwrite since Cygwin was running at the time) fixed the problem I
was seeing.

I'm not certain you're experiencing exactly the same problem I had, but in
lieu of a better suggestion, it may be worth a try.