RE: OpenGL and cygwin

Dear Jurg,

From that description:

> we are using cygwin on windows 7 on a DELL M4500 to remotely connect HP Z800 linux-pc via
> network. So on the linux-pc we use CAE applications with graphics over network. What can I do to > improve the graphics performance via network?

I understand that your graphics are displayed via Cygwin's X-server. If they use OpenGL, you should
use the very latest version of that server, which just received hardware acceleration for OpenGL
graphics. You can read about it at: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/

Please note that I do not maintain any package relating to OpenGL on the X-server, so if you have
any question, you should direct it to the list (cygwin-xfree at cygwin.com).

Regards,

- André