Re: fvwm ignores clickToFocus for function keys

On 26/09/2010 12:28, Charles Smith wrote:
This conversation was transferred from the cygwin main list because Larry Hall said it was xfree-specific...

From: Morgan Gangwere<0 dot fractalus at gmail dot com>
Sounds like something is trashing a buffer... however I'm not entirely
sure.
Sounds oddly configuration related... then again, i don't use fvwm on
windows.

My suspicion is that it has to do with the cut-buffers/clip-board-mechanism, somehow.

I'd said previously that what gets sent (when a function key is pressed but the mouse cursor isn't over the in-focus window) is the unmapped version of the function key. It might also be some earlier contents of the cut-buffer, or something like that. I'm still trying to track it down.

Being able to cut-and-paste between windows and cygwin is important, and I'm glad that this evolving capability is so far along... but is it possible to disable it, at least for debugging purposes?

'man XWin' [1] documents the -noclipboard option.

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/man1/XWin.1.html

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer