Re: changing font

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010, matias kaukonen wrote:

Yes, it displays the font but it does not set the font.  Only the
'quit' button works.

I was asking about the result with xfd to be sure that the font itself is recognized. I don't see anything wrong with the description of your changes to the X resources.

Another place to check is whether there are conflicting font resources shown, e.g., using "appres XTerm".

Beyond that, I generally just compile xterm with its debugging trace
enabled and see what resource value is actually used.  It's also possible
to get the nominal value of the font using an escape sequence in a script
or program such as xtermset.