This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
X hardware acceleration still flaky?
- From: <L dot Wood at surrey dot ac dot uk>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <L dot Wood at surrey dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 10:18:52 +0100
- Subject: X hardware acceleration still flaky?
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Well, it's been eighteen months since I last asked:
so I attempted to use opengl hardware acceleration with Cygwin and XFree 7.4, using Geomview (www.geomview.org) as the test application on an uptodate Cygwin 1.7 install.
Lots of flickering for about thirty seconds (of correct output), but then the X server crashes. So, no visible change over previous. It's still a regression on pre-7.4.
Has any work been attempted on improving hardware acceleration in xwin-gl?
SaVi satellite constellation visualization http://savi.sf.net/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html