This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: How to launch an xterm using "Monospace" font
- From: "JOHNER Jean 066030" <Jean dot JOHNER at cea dot fr>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:41:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: How to launch an xterm using "Monospace" font
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> If you try
>> xterm -fa "foobar"
>> you also get the same result, for any "foobar" string.
> That sounds as if the strings you're giving don't match the available
> font family names. If you have "fc-list", it can give a list of
fc-list results in many fonts being listed but no Monospace!
"Times" is in the list. I tried:
xterm -fn "Times"
xterm -fn "Times-12"
xterm -fa "Times"
xterm -fa "Times-12"
Always the same result with the same default font.
Has anybody been able to launch xterm with a font (any is welcome) which
is not the default?
That would give a track before going in the details of unix fonts
Thank you for your help.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html