Weird text highlighting / cut & paste problems

Hi,

I have just upgraded my Cygwin/X installation on Windows XP SP3 from the pre-release 1.7 to 1.7.5-1 and am now having problems with cut and paste.

I am starting Cygwin using the following commands :

                CYGWIN="server" XWin -nodecoration -silent-dup-error &
                export CYGWIN

                # Make sure XWin is ready to accept connections before proceeding
                while (( $(checkX -d $DISPLAY -t 12) )) ; do
                        sleep 2
                done

                # Start the urxvt server
                /usr/bin/urxvtd -q -f -o

                # Start the Window manager
                wmaker &

However when I attempt to highlight text within a urxvt session using a double click to select a word or click and hold while dragging the cursor the text drops the highlight when I release the mouse button and nothing appears to be placed on the clipboard.

This gives the following errors :
        winClipboardWindowProc - timed out waiting for WIN_XEVENTS_NOTIFY
        winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionRequest - GetClipboardData () failed: 00002733

If I try to cut and paste to a MS application only the last MS clipboard contents are pasted.
If I try to paste the contents of the MS clipboard to a urxvt window nothing is pasted If I try to paste any text into a gvim editor window it causes the gvim to hang which then has to be killed.

Now for the strange bits:

After a period of time, maybe an hour, a selection will stay highlighted for about 5 seconds which will allow it to be pasted any number of times using the middle mouse button to any application, under Cygwin/X using focus follows mouse or MS Windows, while it is highlighted. When the highlighing is dropped then the previous problems re-occur, ie nothing will be pasted and it will again cause gvim to hang.

When it fails to paste it give the following error :
winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionRequest - GetClipboardData () failed: 0000058a

After yet more time, about 2 hours after starting Cygwin, the problem appears to have vanished completely and text will highlight correctly and paste to any application using the middle mouse button under Cygwin or <C-v> under Windows.
Even when the highlighted text is de-selected by a single mouse click the item can still be pasted successfully.

Before upgrading, from the pre-release 1.7 to 1.7.5-1, occasionly text would not stay highlighted but this could normally be corrected by shutting down Cygwin/X and restarting.  This has not been successful since updating.

Any ideas on what is happening and what I may be able to try to correct the issue would be appreciated

Thanks
Stv_T

Company of the Year - Insurance Day London Market Awards 2009Most Client Responsive Insurer of the Year - European Risk Management Awards, StrategicRISK 2010Chartis Insurance UK Limited
Registered in England: company number 1486260
Registered address: The Chartis Building, 58 Fenchurch St, London EC3M 4AB, United Kingdom
Authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA registration number 202628)
This information can be checked by visiting the FSA website - www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmSearchForm.do

Please visit our website - www.chartisinsurance.com/uk

The information contained within this email and any attachment is strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the above-named addressee(s). If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email from your system immediately - you are not entitled to use it, copy it, store it or disclose it to anyone else. Chartis Insurance UK Limited and other subsidiaries and affiliates of Chartis Inc. (collectively "Chartis", "We" or "Us") may monitor and record email traffic data and content. Emails are not secure and may contain viruses. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for viruses transmitted through this email, or any attachment, or for changes made to this email after it was sent. Any opinions or other information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Chartis shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by us.