Re: Mouse offset when using java swing based gui applications

On 15/07/2010 15:38, Richard Evans wrote:
There's a bug reported against Java relating to this, with some more
details.  It claims to be fixed, but it still occurs.  There's a small
test case in the bug report.  It makes many Java UI applications
unusable with Cygwin/X.

Thanks very much for the link. That bug report and related ones makes interesting reading: I can see now that Swing/AWT problems are probably behind a few problem reports of this kind we've had.

I tried out the test case in that particular bug, and it does seem to be fixed in the JRE is claims to be fixed in. But looking at the horror-show that is XWM.java [1], I can believe there are other problems, and the behaviour will be different with different JRE versions.

There's certainly scope for adding fixes/workarounds to the multiwindow mode internal window manager so that AWT does the correct thing, but I guess what I need to progress this is a test case I can easily run, and 'java -version' for the platform the test case should be run on

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7/jdk/file/d58354a69011/src/solaris/classes/sun/awt/X11/XWM.java

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer