Re: problem with startxwin.exe and a possible solution

On 21/01/2010 23:13, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Hi,
after the transition from startxwin.bat to startxwin.exe,
I had the "Xwin Server" menu pratically unusable.
The server start but the xterm usually don't show up while
ps reports it running. Running a second xterm could appear
but most of the time as if the window manager is absent:
no border, no possibility to move the program and similar.
The Xserver is also unstable, the icon on the toolbar
usually disappear and to terminate the server I really need
to kill it with Process Explorer.

I can reproduce this if I have CYGWIN=tty (which I note in your cygcheck.out) in my Windows environment. Without that it seems to work fine.

I'm not sure that I believe that this is the underlying cause of the problem, and if it is, I have no idea how it could make difference or why it wasn't a problem previously.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer