Re: Cut/paste in an xterm takes extraordinarily long time

On 10/12/2009 18:18, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I'm having problems with copying text from a Windows application
(Firefox) and pasting into Cygwin Emacs (23.1.1).  I'm running Cygwin
1.7 (latest) and Xorg (latest).  When pasting into Emacs, my mouse
pointer changes to an hourglass, and after what seems like an eternity
(10-30 seconds), the paste will finish, often times with the wrong
text, rarely with the correct test.

When the text is wrong, how is it wrong? Scrambled? Previous paste? Backwards? Random letters? Translated to Urdu?

I am running RealVNC also.  I remember several/many months back, there
seems to be a cut/paste issue with Cygwin that was exacerbated by
running VNC.  Could that problem have returned?

You could test this by closing RealVNC and seeing if the problem doesn't occur?

How can I help debug this? I've attached my cygcheck output.

If you could follow the steps I outlined in my email replying to the last time you mentioned this [1], that would be helpful?

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2009-10/msg00129.html

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer