Re: how do I get help if I can't figure out how to do anything?

Wendel Dean Renner wrote:
Do you have a list of consultants? And it is not like I am ignorant of computers. I write c++ code. Without help, who is going to be able to use anything provided?

Have managed to compile and link a Open GL, X/Motif program (using lesstif) and
get Error: Can't open display.

Need to be able to run program remotely on a ubuntu system. I can't get beyond connection refused.

Ran xstartwin.bat and lost control c - control V on Windows. --
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://x.cygwin.com/docs/
FAQ: http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/

One issue that comes to mind is your environment. Have you tried running other x-clients such
as xterm or xclock? Is the $DISPLAY environmental variable set?

Cygwin is a tremendously useful bridge between Windows and Linux but it's often frustrating to
use.