Re: Problem with new xinit - console window doesn't open (but bash starts)

More info:

If I run startxwin.bat from a CMD.exe command line, the bash console xterm opens just fine. I only have problems starting it from the shortcut.

I do see some interesting things in the log file, however:

MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of shared memory support in the kernel

II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/TTF/, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/OTF/, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/Type1/, removing from list!

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

None of the compatibility settings are checked in the Windows shortcut.

I've attached the Xwin.0.log file

- Jim