Re: Cygwin/x window no longer appears

Timares, Brian (Patriot) wrote:
On Friday, November 13, 2009 Csaba Raduly wrote:
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Olivia Cheronet wrote:
I have recently started to work with Cygwin/X.
Until now, I have been starting Cygwin/X by using startxwin.bat in
the
Cygwin bash shell. Everything seemed to be working fine. However, it
has
now stopped working...
When I type "startxwin.bat" in the Cygwin shell, the normal
startxwin.bat - starting on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003
appears. Yet, the window which used to appear no longer does. I am
really
not too sure what to do about this, given that I have not

in startxwin.sh or startxwin.bat, which ever you use, add a call to sleep 5 between the call to Xwin.... and the call to xterm ... and see what effect it has

i.e. assuming startxwin.sh ...
change

XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error &

# Startup an xterm, using bash as the shell.

xterm -e /usr/bin/bash -l &

XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error &

sleep 5