Re: 'run xterm' fails to open a window

the workaround isn't sufficient....
installing the font don't help
setting the LANG=C don't help
but in gvim.bat
C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe -p /usr/bin sh -c "gvim '%*'>/dev/null 2>&1"
don't work all the time

1)if I run it in a cmd.com : gvim.bat c:\some\path\to.file it's working
2)if I do open with in explorer, this don't work, after investigation
it appears that %* in this case is replaced by "c:\some\path\to.file"
ie
C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe -p /usr/bin sh -c "gvim
'"c:\some\path\to.file"'>/dev/null 2>&1"
(note that there is double quote inside single quote) removing the
single quote cause the \ to be escaped and then gvim try to open
c:omeatho.file.....

please can someone give a fix to run.exe so that the process is run
with stdout and stderr redirected to /dev/null?
thanks
JLM