Re: checkX problems

On 11/12/2009 4:31 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 30/10/2009 13:48, Ken Brown wrote:
2. If I start the X server by using the default startxwin.bat or
startxwin.sh (both of which call checkX), the server is very unstable
and crashes within a few minutes. This happens consistently, and it
never happens if I comment out the line calling checkX.

I think I was able to reproduce this problem (it is not how I normally start the X server)

However, now I come back to look at this in detail, the problem no longer seems to exist. Are you still able to demonstrate it?

Yes, it's still reproducible on one machine (the one for which I sent cygcheck output in my original post), but the problem doesn't occur on a second machine that I sometimes use. And I don't think anyone else has reported this problem. So I guess it must be BLODA or some other peculiarity of the one system.

Ken