xf86vmode.h missing

Hi, I'm trying to compile some old program (last update 2003) and it's failing due to a missing xf86vmode.h, in particular it's trying to use the XFree86-VidModeExtension via XF86VidModeModeLine, XF86VidModeGetModeLine and XF86VidModeGetViewPort. (It may try to use other missing things, but that's what I get out of the compiler before it stops.)

By doing a package search on cygwin.com this header only shows up in 4 versions of xorg-x11-devel which is marked as obsolete. I couldn't find anything relevant in google and cygwin mailing list archives regarding this extension/header, so my questions are:

Does this API still exist or is it obsolete and has been replaced? If it still exists in which header/package can I find them? In case the API is obsolete it would be nice if you could point me to what replaced it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tobias Käs
Germany