Re: [1.7] On checkX

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>> Charles Wilson wrote:
>>> Unfortunately, I can't reproduce.
>> Ugh! I forgot to say that I start those scripts with links on desktop...
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> mkshortcut -AD \
>>     -n "${urxvt}" \
>>     -a "bash -l start_urxvt.sh" \
>>     -i /usr/bin/XWin.exe \
>>     -d "Console unicode" \
>>     /usr/bin/run.exe
>
> Using a short cut to my script, just like your shortcut (except mine is
> on my own desktop, not all-users'), I...can't reproduce your problem. WJJFM.

Hmm. Spoke too soon.  It appears, that if I turn on --debug, then I get the

      5 [main] checkX 5048 fhandler_console::fixup_after_fork_exec:
error opening input console handle for /dev/console after fork/exec,
errno 13, Win32 error 5
   2342 [main] checkX 5048 fhandler_console::fixup_after_fork_exec:
error opening output console handle for /dev/console after fork/exec,
errno 13, Win32 error

errors in my log, but only when launching from a shortcut.  However, I
think that's expected...since checkX deliberately does not allocate a
console, and is *supposed* to use the presence/absence of a console to
determine whether to create MessageBoxes for log entries, or send them
to the (redirected?) stdout.

Try adding --notty to each invocation of checkX...that works for me.
It's annoying, but it works and allows you to see the debug messages.
Interestingly, the log files are now much smaller as expected -- what
isn't expected is they STILL get the fhandler_console error messages.

I wonder if /that/ is just a cygwin bug, in that it tries to open the
consoles of an exec'ed program, even if that program is not a console
program...I'll look in to that, later.

--
Chuck