Re: Mouse chording question

At 03:42 AM 7/2/2009, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 02/07/2009 05:50, Peter Scott wrote:
Hello.  I would like to migrate from eXceed to Cygwin for the
performance improvement,

What performance improvement?

The performance/price ratio is infinitely better, ofc :-)

Good point :) eXceed is remarkably slow at drawing certain windows and menus in some applications I use, even after tuning saveunders and backing store. Unfortunately one of them is eclipse. I suspect it has something to do with pixmaps. Cygwin is fast. I tried Xming but it crashes on some apps.

The -emulate3buttons option should be doing precisely what you want; it emulates a middle-mouse button press when the left and right mouse buttons are pressed 'near simultaneously' (i.e. within the timeout specified).

This works for me.

I believe you... I am used to giving my users that answer :)

And it seems the role reversal is complete... because now (after a reboot) it works for me, too.

Investigation reveals a case of RTFM deficiency. After each server option edit I exited the xterm that came up from the server start script and figured the server went away too (this is common in some X configurations, and my systray was shrunk without the X icon showing). So subsequent server restarts weren't taking because the first server invocation was still running.

Problem solved. Sorry to bother you.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies