Two versions of the same package? It was Re: Compiling flpsed under cygwin

Hi Folks,

I manage to compile fltk-1.3 with X11 support as suggested in the link
below. It's configuration is setup to be installed in /usr/local.
However there is another version fltk-1.1.8 which is part of the cygwin
packages installed in /usr/bin . To compile flpsed I will have to do it
against the library of fltk-1.3. I could remove fltk-1.1.8 but I'm
afraid that some other package might get messed up. How do I do to
compile flpsed against fltk-1.3 without removing fltk-1.1.8? Many thanks
in advance.

Daniel